Search for your favourite chilli or hot sauce here

Wednesday 29 December 2010

@CaJohnFieryFood Frostbite Hot Sauce

CaJohn's Frostbite Hot Sauce
CaJohn's Frostbite Hot Sauce
Got this CaJohn’s hot sauce to experiment with as I was curious and I like most sauces in their range. The chance to put some heat in my drinks and cocktails with Frostbite Hot Sauce ‘The world's first white hot sauce’ caught my attention. It has a droplet insert fitted so you can add a small drop at a time. Just as well as you only need a tiny amount to have an effect! A bottle of this stuff should last quite some time. The front of the bottle says “Nothing frosty here! Extremely Hot” and I can definitely vouch for that.
It's has a watery white appearance and you can see small crystals floating in it. You need to shake the bottle before use. It disappears in any drink except for maybe the odd crystal floating on top. I was a little unlucky when I tried my bottle and put some drops on my finger to test first before adding it to a drink. I think I managed to get one of the pure crystals as it blew my head off and I’m used to strong heat.

There is some controversy over the actual heat of this sauce and dispute among chilli heads. The sauce is extremely hot and not for beginners with somewhere between 500,000 and 1,000,00 units linked to its heat. Using only the ingredients vinegar, water, salt Aquaresin of Capsicum. Based on my first experience I would class this more towards the 1,000,00 units but that was neat from the 148ml bottle. But many would disagree. I think it varies depending on what you mix it with or if you get a crystal. Either way it’s a great for your collection and for a whole range of drinks as it mixes right into the drink and doesn't float at the top like most hot sauces or extracts. Pick some up at Scorchio.

Check out other hot sauce reviews on my site using the selections on youe left and enjoy.
Bloody Mary
Tomato Juice ( I use V8 Vegetable juice)
A Good Brand Vodka
Celery
Worcestershire sauce

Hot Margarita
3 parts any good aged tequila (Ocho if you can get it)
3 parts Lime Juice
1 part Triple Sec
3-4 drops of CaJohn's Frostbite Hot Sauce

Classic Frostbitini
2 shots. Vodka
a dash of Vermouth
3-4 drops of CaJohn's Frostbite Hot Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment