Search for your favourite chilli or hot sauce here

Monday 4 July 2011

Upton Cheyney Chilli Company: Oak Smoked Chipotle Sauce

@Chilli_Farmer Upton Cheney Chilli Company were recent discovery to me and I was very keen to try out their range of homely looking chili hot sauces. First up is their Oak Smoked Chipotle Sauce. The bottle is understated and raises your curiosity of the contents. The word Chipotle always gets my attention but I first noted the words above 'oak smoked' had me reaching to open the bottle as soon as I received it.

The sauce smells gorgeous, thick and sweet from the molasses and crucially smokey! if you check out their website you will find that their fresh red ripe Jalapeno's are oak smoked for 18 hours!!!! Before being ground up to create a chipotle spice. Now that's dedication to good sauce making.

I have tasted many chipotle sauces that rely too much on the flavour of the chipotle alone to carry the sauce through. This is not the case for the Upton Cheyney Chilli Company creation. This medium heat sauce will have you salivating and reaching for more instantly with its addictive sweet heat. I highly recommend checking out this sauce. You won't be disappointed. Click here to pick some Oak Smoked Chipotle Sauce from Scorchio

This sauce even has the seal of approval from my partner who is a chipotle sauce lover "I wholly approve of the smokey taste of this sauce it is one of the nicest chipotle sauces I have ever tasted" 

After writing this review I couldn't stop myself, and made a plate of nachos covered in the sauce then decided to pick up a pack of chicken wings and marinate ready for a BBQ in the evening. The bottle didn't last me the whole weekend and is already on my wish list.....


To investigate other sauces the Upton Cheyney Chilli Company have Take a look at the farm here

2 comments:

  1. Wow!

    Sounds like a perfect sauce. Would love to give it a try!

    Martin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chile Town Hot Sauce is a new hot sauce company that will soon be making waves in the US.

    ReplyDelete